SLC’ s purpose is:
Connecting people in travel to inspire life-changing experiences. By providing the vital connection between tourism products, the travel trade and the media, SLC aims to inspire customers to travel to its destinations and works with the travel trade to make booking that life-changing trip as easy as possible.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our team working on key SLC client PR accounts.
About the role:
In this PR role you will work across a range of travel clients with the opportunity to grow within a passionate hands-on agency. You will be responsible for writing press releases, responding to media enquiries, spotting media opportunities and pitching to media as well as assisting with a journalist hosting programme. You will quickly build up events experience, managing all logistics from train journeys and booking hotels to organising media meetings during client visits to the UK, arranging the operations for events such as media lunches, experiential stunts and media briefings at trade shows. You will need to be highly organised, proactive with a creative mind and an opportunistic eye to ensure client expectations are exceeded. You will work under the direction of your Manager and will split your time between working from the SLC offices in Wimbledon and one of our client’s offices in central London.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Research and prepare media audits
• Research and plan annual content calendars
• Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and advertorial pieces
• Pitch press releases by phone, in person meetings and via email to media
• Arrange client meetings with media during in market visits including all necessary briefings and logistics for the meetings
• Identify, invite and manage all arrangements for press trips (some escorting may be required)
• Arranging and attending clients and industry events
• Prepare regular monthly coverage reporting of media clippings and EAV to clients
• Brain storm ideas for PR and travel trade campaigns
• Be responsible for client’s monthly calls from preparing the agenda, to minuting actions and following up to ensure these are executed by yourself, Manager and the clients to gain the very best results
• Work along-side other team members to ensure a seamless delivery of client’s services
• Ensure that the minimum service levels for each client are met and exceeded
What attributes will you need to be successful:
1. Excellent written and spoken English
2. Copywriting skills – including spelling, grammar and proof -reading with a flair for writing engaging copy
3. Strong interpersonal skills – be approachable, friendly and professional
4. Good presentation skills
5. An ability to use own initiative to solve problems.
6. Be proactive and driven
7. Sound organisational and planning skills.
8. Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously
9. Prepared to travel in the UK, Ireland, Europe and world-wide as needed
10. Time management skills
11. Possess a strong work ethic and be a team player
12. Minimum of one years in a similar role
What else might help?
1. A sense of humour, fun and curiosity
2. An understanding of the travel industry
3. Passion for travel and destination PR
4. PR / Media Communications or related degree
Location: Central London and Wimbledon
Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.30 (37.5-hour week) with flexible working patterns available
Benefits: Holiday: 25 days (per calendar year + bank holidays); Pension; Flexible working hours; Gym membership
We would like to say a quick thank you to all of you in the Australiasian and Asian product roles who have completed our quarterly survey over the past 3 quarters.
If you have not received an email about the survey, our objective is to gather anonymous data looking back on the previous quarter and market performance to assist us in our work with our clients to understand trends and how the market is performing.
If you would like to receive the survey in your inbox please just drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you can click here to complete our Asia survey and here to complete our Australasia survey.
Each quarter we nominate a charity to receive a £2 donation of your behalf as our thank you for your time in completing the survey, this quarter we are supporting Médecins Sands Frontiers
SLC Representation are now recruiting for their next placement student.
DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS:
SLC Representation is a Travel Representation Company that specializes in working with luxury hotels and tourism products in Australia, New Zealand, The South Pacific, SE Asia, India and Turkey. We are also the UK office for Tourism Western Australia. Working closely with UK tour operators, SLC Representation aims to maximize sales for their products through growing distribution, devising marketing campaigns, delivering training sessions, advising on market conditions and implementing sales incentives for travel agents.
JOB TITLE: Sales Coordinator
RELEVANT COURSE(S): Tourism Management, Hospitality Management, Business Management, Accounting and Finance (would consider candidates from other courses – must have keen interest in Tourism and accounting)
LOCATION OF PLACEMENT:
Address: The Old Church, 89B Quicks Road, Wimbledon, SW19 1EX
N.B Our Western Australia team is based at Australia Centre on The Strand in London, and occasional travel to this office will be required.
The main role of the Sales Coordinator is to provide administrative suppler for the SLC accounting processes, including issuing of invoices, expenses processing, financial reconciliation as well as sales support and co-ordination to the team of thirteen. This is a varied role offering a placement student the opportunity to understand the workings of a small business, whilst gaining significant insight into the UK tourism industry, and the distribution of overseas tourism products to UK and European trade. The candidate will also be involved in assisting with the planning of a series of events we manage on behalf of a client, as well as providing the support outlined above. The candidate will be working as part of a small and friendly team, and full training will be provided.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Managing the company invoices and payments using the professional accounting system Quickbooks
- Processing the company expenses monthly
Administration tasks supporting all aspects of the business including:
- Collating weekly and monthly client reports, using trade papers and the web as resources
- Compiling content for two monthly trade newsletters
- Maintaining the ACT! Database
- Completing ongoing brochure and web audits, identifying new business opportunities as a result
- Researching new business opportunities
- Assisting with travel and accommodation arrangements
- Managing the calendar and diaries of the team
- Dealing with company IT issues
- Managing company processes
- Updating the SLC Representation and PATA UK websites
Event management including:
- Researching and booking venues
- Managing invitations and collating RSVP’s
- Managing all on-going attendee communications
- Organizing participation at trade and consumer shows
NB this position will also be responsible for invoicing and accounting, including significant use of the professional accounting system QuickBooks. Whilst an accountancy background is not required, an interest in accounting, an inclination to learn and ability to follow accounting processes will be essential.
- -Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, possessing excellent time management and organization skills
- -Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential
- -Must have basic understanding of accounting procedures
- -Candidate will be competent in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
DURATION OF PLACEMENT – July 2018 – July 2019
SALARY: £12,500 per annum
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Placement must be willing to complete a minimum of a full year
The role will be based in our office in Wimbledon, South London:
Address: The Old Church
89B Quicks Road
London, SW19 1EX
Telephone: 020 8545 2616
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and CV as soon as possible, but certainly no later than Monday 15th January 2018 outlining your relevant experience to:
Tel: 020 8545 2616